On Saturday we went to County Line with the in-laws and ate lunch.
They didn't bring J the appropriate toppings for his chicken-fried-steak and he was starving so he ate his potatoes without tasting them.
The chicken-fried steak was like leather and basically inedible.
My chicken tasted not like it had been marinated but rather like it had been cooked (over cooked? it was tough) and then soaked in wine and brandy.
These were mostly cooking errors BUT my garlic mashed potatoes, the same ones he ate, tasted really sour. I filled up on bread and have been waiting for food poisoning to hit him and hoping to the universe that I too would not have food poisoning.
They comped the entire bill. His parents were satisfied, but I am not. Food poisoning can be really bad and I was pissed. Even *free* food poisoning is not okay.
Less than 36 hours later, it has him in his clutches-the appropriate time period before food poisoning manifests. I seem okay.
EDIT: Scratch that. Just hit me. Yuck.
|comments: Leave a comment|